Hey there, and welcome to my first blog post!
I started this blog to have a place to write about all the crazy, funny, inspiring, and sometimes a bit disappointing experiences I have had teaching music lessons and working in music here in Los Angeles. I figured this was a better venue than typing out Facebook statuses that are 5 paragraphs long haha.I also wanted a place to feature my amazing and talented students! Be on the look out for the first student feature videos within the next few weeks. I will also post various projects I’m working on.
I absolutely love music, it is my passion. It’s about 90% of my life, really. The other 10% is pop culture, hair, crochet/knitting, and food 🙂 I have been surrounded by music since before I was born. I started singing in choirs from age 3, piano at 7, and joined the school band in 5th grade and began my journey into percussion. I graduated from North Central College with a B.A. in music. My emphasis was in Music Composition and Percussion Performance. I have been teaching music lessons (voice, piano, drums/percussion, and music theory) for a little over 2 years. I started a few months before I moved to Los Angeles from Chicago. Since then, I have been fortunate enough to gain and keep students, several composition and vocal recording gigs, an internship at Comma Music, and a spot in the Cinema Scoring program playing percussion. I love my work, and I feel so blessed and grateful to have been able to accomplish what I have so far.
I’ve recently started a Facebook and Youtube channel where I’ll post updates and various pieces and projects I work on. I will try to post weekly, if not every 2 weeks. You can also find a link to my website where you can find more info on me and book a lesson with me.
Last week, I put out a cover of an Adele song that is my new favorite from her new album, “All I Ask”. It’s such a pretty song and she has so much passion and power behind her voice. I had to cover it! I decided to arrange my own track as well. It’s a simple arrangement (much like the original) with piano, strings, and some synth in the bass. I arranged, recorded, and mixed it all using Ableton Live 9. Check out the audio from my Soundcloud and the video via YouTube!